Sweet Pumpkin Pork with Quinoa
A unique way to incorporate pumpkin into your dinner meal!
Serves: 5 (Per Serving)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1.5 pounds pork, cut into pieces (choose a loin cut that hasn’t been injected with sodium/broth)
- 1 – 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup reduced sugar apricot preserves (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- In a medium skillet, cook pork in oil on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together pumpkin, preserves, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Add water and sauce to pork. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa.