Citrus Corn Salad
This bright and vibrant salad goes great with chicken, pork or fish. It uses produce that is in-season in Illinois through October.
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups corn kernels, uncooked (4 medium ears of corn)
- 2 cups diced cucumber (1 large cucumber)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (1 medium bell pepper)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all salad ingredients except cilantro to large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Add cilantro and toss just before serving.