Eggplant Salad with Mushrooms and Fresh Herbs
Eggplant is in season in Illinois during the months of June through October.
Serves: 7 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 1 medium-large eggplant, stem removed and cut into cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (reserve 1 Tablespoon for dressing)
- 9 ounce container sliced raw mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Reserved 1 Tablespoon olive oil (from above)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss eggplant in olive oil and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool before adding to salad.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving.