Wheat Berry Salad with Red Fruit
Add a new flavor to your cookouts with this deliciously sweet side dish!
Serves: 11 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 6 Tablespoons fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing (assure gluten free for GF version)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups cooked wheat berries (choose brown rice, quinoa or buckwheat for GF version)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 apples, diced
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves (optional)
- To prepare dressing, blend the orange juice, vinaigrette, and salt.
- Put the wheat berries in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over them and toss to coat.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add dried cranberries, pecans, and diced apples to the wheat berries; mix. Add mint leaves, if desired.