In the heart of summer, use the freshest produce from the local farmer’s market to create new and healthy dishes!
Serves: 7 (Serving= 1 cup)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups raw spinach leaves or other greens
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine rest of ingredients. Pour vinegar over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Serve as side dish or add diced grilled chicken to make it a meal!