Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bake
Taking your sweet potato side dish to a new level!
Serves: 8 (Serving = 1 piece)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tablespoons trans-fat free margarine
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (choose gluten free flour blend for GF version)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup sugar-free pancake/maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spiralize sweet potato and apples, discarding core of apple. Set aside.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and toss to coat evenly with margarine. Cook about 3 minutes. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and mix together well. Scoop into 9 x 13” baking dish.
- Whisk all topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Spread over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.