Butternut Squash Quinoa
A flavorful fall dish which contains the “Supergrain” quinoa, one of the highest protein grains in the world.
Serves: 8 (Serving= 3/4 cup)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- ½ cup chopped pecans, unsalted
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss squash in 1 Tbsp canola oil and spread evenly onto baking sheet. Roast in oven for 5-7 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Combine squash and quinoa with the rest of the ingredients and toss lightly.