Harvest Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Enjoy the flavors of fall with this roasted sweet potato side dish – perfect for a weeknight dinner or potluck!
Serves: 5 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 3 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup craisins
- 1 cup chopped apples (any variety)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil into a zip top bag. Shake until evenly coated. Spread sweet potato cubes onto a non-stick baking sheet, and roast for 20 minutes (or until fork tender), flipping the sweet potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the pecan halves, craisins, apples, and onion in a large bowl. Add roasted sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic powder. Pour over ingredients in large bowl and toss to evenly coat.