Enjoy a fall twist on cornbread to celebrate the autumn season!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 1 (2x2 inch) piece)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup white flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and cornmeal; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses until combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Pour the batter into the pan (smooth the top, if needed).
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy cornbread with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup!