Spicy Creamed Spinach and Zucchini Penne
A great side dish to add to your summer BBQ that’s full of whole grains and veggies!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups whole grain penne pasta, uncooked (choose gluten free pasta for GF version)
- 1 - 5.3 ounce container nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- 1- 9 ounce frozen, creamed spinach, thawed (call company to check gluten free status for GF version)
- 1 ½ cups low fat, shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk and Greek yogurt together. Add rest of ingredients including pasta and mix well.
- Pour mixture into square baking dish and cover with foil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.