Thanksgiving Quinoa Patties
A non-traditional way to have the flavors of Thanksgiving. This side dish adds a boost of whole grain and beta carotene.
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1 patty)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ -15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup finely chopped white mushrooms
- ½ cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients, except cooking spray, in a large bowl. Mix together, making sure eggs get stirred in well.
- Form into patties.
- Preheat electric griddle to 325°F. Can also use skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place patties on griddle and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.