Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Taters
Sweet potatoes stuffed with beans and veggies topped with a creamy chipotle sauce.
Serves: 4 (Serving= 1/2 stuffed sweet potato)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, punctured with fork
- 1 Tablespoon non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- ½-1 chipotle pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- ½ cup no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup no salt added corn, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Wrap sweet potatoes in damp paper towels. Place on microwave safe plate and microwave for 6 minutes. Flip and microwave an additional 6 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Let cool for 2-4 minutes before handling.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, avocado, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out most of the flesh into a medium bowl, leaving some flesh in order for the potato to maintain structure. Add black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Fill each potato half with sweet potato mixture. Top with tomato, avocado, chipotle sauce, cilantro and sunflower seeds.