Curried Lentil Soup
Get warm and cozy with this delicious soup!
Serves: 9 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 5 ½ cups water
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3 lean turkey sausage links, cooked and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In a large stockpot, combine water, carrots, onion, lentils, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and garlic. Bring to boil, then turn heat down to medium-low and let cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well and simmer for 5 more minutes.