"Pig Skin" Chili
As the weather cools down and sports fan head out to tailgate, warm up with this non-traditional slow cooker chili!
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin
- 2- 15.5 ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1- 12 ounce light beer (use gluten free beer or gluten free stock/broth for GF version)
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 22 ounces low sodium vegetable juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1½ Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 cup water
- Trim the fat off of the pork tenderloin and cut into small cubes.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.