Peachy-Keen Watermelon Salsa
A great low calorie salsa that is full of flavor and great for snacking or adding on top of grilled fish or chicken to make a meal.
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup sugar free apricot jelly (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 peaches, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot jelly, jalapeño, lime zest, and lime juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, peaches, red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Drizzle the jelly mixture over the fruit and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve with whole wheat pita chips or baked tortilla chips. You can even top your favorite grilled meat or fish dish with it.