Spinach and Gorgonzola Stuffed Mushrooms
A unique and healthy twist on the original. Just in time for the holidays!
Serves: 4 (Serving= 3 mushrooms)
- Cooking spray
- 12 white or cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, chopped
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts (drained and rinsed), chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450º Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms caps, gill side up on the baking sheet and bake until tender, 10-15 minutes. Pour off excess liquid.
- Combine all other ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
- Mound a tablespoon of the spinach and gorgonzola mixture into the cap of each mushroom.
- Return to the oven and bake until melted, 5-10 more minutes.