Crispy Zucchini Coins
These veggie bites will disappear quickly. Even veggie-haters will love this tasty snack, perfect as a guest pleasing appetizer or a side dish.
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1/3 cup zucchini and about 2 Tablespoons sauce)
- ¼ cup low fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, plain (use gluten free for GF version)
- ½ cup bread crumbs, whole wheat, plain (use gluten free for GF version)
- ¼ cup grate Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin.
- Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and stir. Serve with zucchini.