Sweet Confetti Corn Salsa
“Confetti” is the perfect descriptive word to describe this salsa with a blend of colors, textures, and flavors. The sweet and spicy zing will add a kick to your chips, fish or chicken. Don’t feel guilty if you fall in love with this tantalizing medley as there are less than 100 calories per serving. That is definitely a reason to celebrate!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 1/4 cup)
- 3 husked corn cobs
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup hazelnuts (2.25 oz. package), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place husked corn cobs directly on a grill set to medium-high. Rotate until lightly charred on all sides (will take about 2-3 min on each side).
- Once corn has cooled, cut off kernels into medium bowl and add red pepper, red onion, green onions, garlic cloves, jalapeño, and hazelnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk canola oil, honey, cumin, chili powder and crushed red pepper. Pour onto corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or on top of fish or chicken.