Winter Fruit Salsa
Pairing together these seasonal winter fruits with fresh mint and avocado takes salsa to the next level. It’s also a great addition to your holiday party!
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup peeled and diced clementines
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- On a cutting board, slice top off pomegrantate. Cut around the bulging sides of the pomegranate from top to bottom (about 5 sections). Submerge in large bowl of water and pull apart the pomegranate sections revealing the seeds. While keeping the pomegranate submerged, use your fingers to pull out seeds from pith (white part). Pomegranate pith will float to the top of water. Using a slotted spoon, skim off pith. Drain pomegranate seeds and set aside ½ cup.
- In a small bowl whisk honey and lime juice together.
- Combine pomegranate seeds, clementines, avocado, red onion, and mint in a medium bowl. Pour honey lime dressing over salsa ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- Serve with whole grain crackers or cinnamon sugar pita chips.