Smoky Corn and Lentil Salad
Lentils add protein to this colorful salad.
- 3 ½ cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cooked green lentils (can use any cooked or canned legume)
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and mince
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Char the corn under a broiler or in a cast iron pan and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Can be served hot or cold.