Grilled Peach and Pesto Flatbread
A sweet, creamy, and fresh take on flatbread that will satisfy your taste buds through the summer months
Serves: 4 (Serving = 1 Flatbread)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup pecan halves
- ½ clove garlic, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat pitas, small (4” diameter)
- Cooking spray
- 4 small peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- In a food processor, add the pesto ingredients. Pulse for 30 seconds. Drizzle the olive oil into the mixture and fully process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process once more. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place a sheet of foil down and evenly coat with a light layer of cooking spray. Place the peach slices on the foil, cooking for about 1-3 minutes or until just starting to become soft. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray your pita with cooking spray and place directly on the grill grates for about 2 minutes or until grill marks form. Flip the pita and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread pitas with thin layer of goat cheese and spinach pesto (about 1 Tablespoon of each). Top with the grilled peaches and fresh basil (about 1 Tablespoon). Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.