7-Layer Blitz Dip
Score a touchdown at your Super Bowl party with this flavorful, nutrition-packed twist of the classic 7-layer dip.
Serves: 12 (Serving = 1/3 cup)
- 1 - 10 ounce can no salt added Rotel® diced tomatoes & green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided into two ¼ teaspoon measurements
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 - 15 ounce can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium ripe avocados, pit removed and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 - 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 small (or 3/4 cup) roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup green onion tops, sliced
- In a medium bowl, stir together Rotel® tomatoes & green chilies, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, ground black pepper, and yogurt.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly in 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Layer black beans on top of yogurt mixture and gently pressed beans into yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado. Add in lime juice, cilantro, and remaining garlic powder. Mix until well combined. Spread over black beans.
- Over avocado mixture, sprinkle queso fresco, black olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Serve with pita chips or vegetables.