One and Done Sheet Pan Quesadilla
Want less time, and standing, while making quesadillas? This recipe will allow everyone to enjoy a hot quesadilla at the same time. Cook one and you’re done!
Serves: 8 (Serving = 1/8th pan)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups pre-cooked shredded chicken breast
- 9 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a microwave on high power, cook onion and bell peppers for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add chicken and pour seasoning mixture over chicken and combine until evenly dispersed. Allow chicken to heat through.
- In a 15 x 10 x 1 inch sheet pan, place 7 tortillas around the edge so that half of the tortilla hangs off the edge. Place another tortilla in the middle to cover the pan.
- Top tortillas with chicken mixture, onions and bell peppers, and cheese.
- Place another tortilla in the center, on top of the filling. Fold tortilla sides over onto filling so they no longer hang off and filling is no longer visible.
- Place a second baking sheet on top of folded tortillas to maintain shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.