Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Sweet potatoes and black beans together for a quesadilla that is easy, fun, fast and delicious.
Serves: 1 quesadilla with 3 Tbsps salsa
2 medium sweet potatoes
4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
3/4 cup salsa
1. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with fork. Place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high, turning once, until very tender, 7-9 minutes.
2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp. Spread onto half of each tortilla.
3. Add black beans on top of the sweet potato, dividing eveniy among the tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over the filling.
4. Heat a cast iron or griddle over medium heat. A nonstick skillet will also work but not allow the tortilla to brown/crisp as much.
5. Cook quesadillas until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with salsa.