Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
. Utilizing summer vegetables and an outdoor grill, these healthful kabobs can be part of a summer family fun night. The kids can help put together these colorful kabobs.
Serves: 1 kabob
2 medium zucchini, cut into 2 inch chunks
2 medium yellow squash, cut into 2 inch chunks
2 red and green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2 inch chunks
2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
16 cherry tomatoes
8 oz fresh mushrooms
2 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1 inch chunks
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp thyme
1. Rinse vegetables.
2. Cook the corn in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and place in large bowl.
3. Add remaining cut vegetables, tomatoes and mushrooms to corn in large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard, garlic and thyme.
5. Pour sauce over vegetables and toss to coat well.
6. Thread the vegetables onto 8 skewers (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning while grilling).
7. Before starting grill, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place skewers on the grill over medium heat. Baste occasionally with extra sauce (left in bowl after putting vegetables on skewers).
8. Grill for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Note: You can cook the vegetables in foil pouches instead of using skewers. Divide the vegetables into 8 packets and wrap in double layer of foil. Grill about 20-30 minutes or until tender.