Jicama Citrus Fruit Salad
This light, refreshing citrus salad is perfect to make ahead and eat all week! Jicama is a root vegetable native to Mexico that has a mild flavor of an apple and pear with a texture similar to a water chestnut. It is full of vitamin C and A, and is a great source fiber.
Serves: 8 (Serving = 3/4 cup)
- 1 pound (about ½ of 1 large) jicama, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches in 100% juice, drained and diced
- 3 clementines, peeled and diced
- 1 medium apple (any kind), diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl combine jicama, peaches, clementines, and apple.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and honey and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over fruit and stir gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Optional: Sprinkle chili-lime seasoning on top immediately before serving.