Cheesy Spaghetti Squash
Orange colored vegetables, such as squash, are excellent sources of vitamin A. Squash is also a good source of vitamin C, folate, and thiamine. Squash is very easy to cook, tastes great, and is low in calories and fat!
Serves: 1/2 cup
Time: 12 minutes
1 large spaghetti squash
2 Tbsp parmasan cheese
2 diced tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pierce spaghetti squash several times with a fork or sharp knife.
- Microwave on high for about 10 minutes or until soft, turning over after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half, remove and discard seeds.
- Using a fork scrape the insides of the squash to form strands; reserve one squash shell.
- Toss strands with parmesan, mozzarella, tomatoes, and parsley. Spoon mixture back into the reserved shell.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes to heat through.