- Change up the vegetables that you use each time you make this soup. Try a broccoli and cauliflower blend, and up the fiber by adding beans or lentils.
- For a thinner consistency, add more water and milk.
Serves: 1 cup
1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons, all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bullion granules
¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded low-fat American cheese
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine mixed vegetables and onion in a medium saucepan.
- Combine flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, stirring well; add to vegetables, and stir to coat.
- Combine water and milk; add bouillon granules, stirring until granules dissolve. Add to vegetable mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cheese and mustard, stirring to blend. Serve immediately.