Zucchini-Filled Pork Rolls
These pork rolls lend elegance to a healthy, low carb entree that pairs well with a variety of sides and salads.
Serves: 4, 1 rolled chop with 1 Tbsp sauce each
1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
1 glove garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 lean boneless pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick (approximately one pound total)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Squeeze zucchini with paper towels to remove moisture.
2. Cook zucchini and garlic in nonstick skillet over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in cheese and pepper. Remove mixture from skillet and allow to cool.
3. Trim fat from pork chops. Flatten each chop to about 1/4 inch thickness between waxed paper or plastic wrap.
4. Spread 1/4 of zucchini mixture over each piece of pork. Roll up; secure with wooden toothpicks.
5. Add oil and pork rolls to skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat about 15-20 minutes, turning once, until done.
6. Remove wooden picks. Remove pork rolls from skillet; keep warm.
7. Add wine (or chicken broth) to skillet. Cook over high heat 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in mustard. Pour sauce over pork rolls.