A simple, flavorful dish the whole family will enjoy!
Serves: 10, Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- One 28 ounce can no salt added, crushed, peeled tomatoes
- One 14.5 ounce can no salt added, petite, diced tomatoes
- One 15.5 ounce can no salt added black beans
- 1 cup water
- One 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- One pound lean ground turkey, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional to top chili: fresh cilantro leaves, chopped green onion, shredded cheddar cheese, plain Greek yogurt, avocado slices, lime wedges
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in yellow onion and green bell pepper and sauté until onion becomes translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Once cooked, add in tomatoes, black beans, water, green chilies, cooked ground turkey, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dish up the chili and top with fresh cilantro leaves, chopped green onion, shredded cheddar cheese, plain Greek yogurt, avocado slices, and lime wedges, as desired. Enjoy!