Single Serve Breakfast Egg Tomatoes
Try serving a nutritious egg breakfast in an edible bowl, a tomato!
Serves: 8 (serving=1 tomato)
- 8 roma tomatoes
- ½ cup lean turkey breakfast sausage, cooked
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 large eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the top off of tomatoes. Use a spoon to gently scoop out pulp and seeds, careful not to break through the skin of the tomato. Place tomatoes in a muffin tin to keep upright.
- In each tomato, add 1 Tablespoons of sausage and ½ Tablespoon of each of the following: green pepper, onion and shredded cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and add pepper to taste. Add 2 tablespoons of each egg mixture into each tomato
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes
Note: Some people do not tolerate eggs in the first few months after weight loss surgery. If you have nausea or vomiting after eating eggs, try them again in a few weeks. You may tolerate them better around 6 months after surgery.