Featuring the popular fall fruit, this simple and easy dessert is full of nutrition while light on calories!
Serves: 7 (Serving = 1/7th of dish)
4 Red Delicious apples, cored and sliced thin (or other sweet apples)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup dry oats (use certified gluten free oats for GF version)
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (use gluten free flour blend for GF version)
2 Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
2 Tablespoons Smart Balance® light tub margarine
1/3 cup chopped pecans
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and vanilla and coat evenly.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place apples in bottom.
- In another small bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Using a fork, cut margarine into mixture until finely crumbled throughout. Pour evenly on top of apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are cooked to desired softness.
- Serve with frozen yogurt.