Sweet and Golden Apple Cups
Celebrate the taste of autumn with a delicious, bite-sized spin on apple pie.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 2 apple cups with yogurt)
- Cooking spray
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith, diced
- ½ Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 6-ounce container of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (for salty-sweet version)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a standard muffin pan with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin cup, gently pressing the center down and the edges along the side. Lightly spray again with cooking spray and sprinkle with white sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Bake wontons until crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from muffin pan to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine diced apples, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice. Divide mixture into muffin pan cups for baking. Add water evenly to filled cups. Bake until apples are soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Spoon apple mixture into wonton cups.
- Combine yogurt, vanilla and honey. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each cup.