Fiesta Lettuce Wraps
This dish is a fun twist from your everyday salad, quick and easy to prepare and great to enjoy outside in the sunshine!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1 lettuce wrap)
- 1 -15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup diced chicken, cooked
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 head leaf lettuce, rinsed and separated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, diced chicken, and seasonings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to make the dressing. Pour over bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Spoon ½ cup of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and garnish with diced avocado and additional cilantro, if desired. Wrap and enjoy!