Pear Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a quick-cooking whole grain with a slightly nutty flavor. When paired with pears, blue cheese and dried cherries, this unique sweet and salty blend is the perfect combo!
Serves: 10 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon light raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups pears, diced (about 2 pears)
- ¼ cup pecans (unsalted), chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Combine water and quinoa in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, raspberry vinaigrette, green onions and pepper in large bowl.
- Add pears, pecans, dried cherries and cooked quinoa to mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and fold in the blue cheese.