Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
As the autumn harvest begins, it’s the best time to cook with seasonal vegetables, and enjoy the crisp and comforting flavors of fall.
Serves: 4 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 1 medium squash)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons bleu cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread out the squash onto a foil-lined sheet tray and roast in oven for about 35 minutes until tender and golden; remove and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Dijon mustard with the orange juice, then slowly drizzle in the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- Place squash, dressing and remaining ingredients back in large bowl and toss to coat.