Red, White, and Bleu Potato Salad
A patriotic and healthy spin on a favorite 4th of July party dish! This creamy potato salad uses red, white, and purple potatoes and a Greek yogurt-based dressing, and can be served warm or chilled. Throw in your own favorite veggies for extra crunch, and for a touch of sweetness, simply add diced apple, or a few teaspoons of honey or other sweetener.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 1 pound mini potatoes, mixed red, white, and purple, quartered
- 1 ½ Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup diced white onion
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large stock pot. Add potatoes, and cook until just tender. (Do not overcook the potatoes, or you will end up with a “mashed” potato salad). Drain potatoes and dunk into ice water, to stop the cooking process.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Add cooked potatoes to bowl, and toss well. Chill in fridge until ready to serve. Garnish with additional dill, black pepper, or a dash of paprika.