Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy fall baking at its best!
Serves: 18 (Serving= 1 muffin)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Smart Balance margarine, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 – 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk wet ingredients together until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, oats, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, folding until almost combined.
- Add chocolate chips and continue to fold into mixture until evenly distributed throughout.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.