Springtime Spaghetti Squash Primavera
A healthy, seasonal twist on a tasty and rich pasta!
Serves: 4 (Serving = 1/4 squash)
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 small-medium halved spaghetti squash (1 ½-2 pounds), seeds scraped out
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced raw mushrooms
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Place squash cut side down in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish filled with a ½ inch of water. Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté asparagus, bell pepper, peas and mushrooms in olive oil for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, juice and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ teaspoon salt on squash halves after they are removed from the oven. Spoon the vegetable mixture into each squash half and sprinkle with Italian cheese blend. Bake an additional 5 minutes.