Perfectly Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Don't limit yourself to only adding pumpkin to desserts. This creamy pasta dish will give you the consistency of alfredo but with less fat and full of fall flavors.
Serves: 4 (Serving = 1/4th of the dish)
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine (or pasta of choice)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, add remaining ingredients and stir together over medium low heat until well combined and heated through.
- Add pasta to pumpkin mixture and toss until pasta is evenly coated.