Basil Corn Tomato Bake
Combined with tomatoes, zucchini and basil, this hearty corn bake can be served for brunch, lunch or dinner.
Serves: Recipe makes 10 servings
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10.75 oz) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
4 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 small zucchini, chopped (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/3 cup minced fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt (optional especially for those wanting to reduce sodium intake)
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Additional minced fresh basil, optional as garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat oil in skiller over medium heat. Add onion, cooking and stirring until tender.
3. In large bowl, whisk eggs and soup until well blended. Stir in vegetables, bread crumbs, basil, salt and onion.
4. Transfer mixture to an 11 x 7 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
6. Allow to stand 10 munutes before serving. If desired, garnish with additional basil.