BBQ Chicken Pizza Rollup
Snack on this flavorful and filling appetizer without the guilt. Your guests won't guess that these slices are on the light side. You could cut larger, heartier pieces and serve as an entree. The nutrition information is calculated for appetizer slices.
Serves: 1 slice, makes 2 dozen appetizer slices
1 tube (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup honey BBQ sauce
1 1/2 cup (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
1 egg white
1 Tbsp water
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1. On lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 12 x 9 rectangle.
2. Brush crust dough with BBQ sauce then layer with cheese, chicken, onion, cilantro and Italian seasoning.
3. Roll up jelly roll style, starting with the long side. Pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
4. Beat egg white and water; brush over top of the roll. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool 10 minutes before slicing. For appetizer, slice into 2 dozen slices.