Caprese Stuffed Avocados
A simple twist on a classic summer recipe!
Serves: 4 - Serving Size: 1 Avocado Half
- 2 medium avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 chiffonade basil leaves, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- With a small spoon, scoop out the inside of each avocado half, leaving a small border of fruit. Dice the removed avocado and place in a large bowl. Set avocado halves aside.
- In the large bowl with avocado, add tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Spoon salad ingredients into four avocado halves evenly, garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.