Twice Baked Potatoes
Comfort food with a healthy twist!
Serves: 6 - Serving Size: 1 potato
- Non-stick spray
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup chopped fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly coat 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry with paper towel. Using a fork, poke each potato all over, place back in baking dish, and bake potatoes for 1 hour, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Once baked, remove from baking dish and place on baking sheet to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut thin layer off one side of potato and scoop out the inside leaving a ½ inch boarder along the outside edge of the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, add insides of the potatoes, olive oil, skim milk, Greek yogurt, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mash together until smooth. Then add in 1/3 cup green onions, cheese, and spinach. Mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, add heaping scoops of potato mixture into the prepared potato skins and place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining Tablespoon of green onion and serve.