Herb 'N Feta Watermelon Salad
Enjoy this fresh dish with a twist of sweet and savory on a hot summer day!
Serves: 1 cup, Serves 12
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 10 cups cubed fresh watermelon (about 1 small watermelon)
- 2 ½ cups chopped English cucumber
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour and seal the almonds into a small plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or mason jar to crush the almonds into fine bits. Place almonds in a small skillet and roast for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until fragrant.
- Combine almonds and all other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Chill before serving.