Crunch Romaine Strawberry Salad
In addition to being pretty and colorful, this salad is quick to make. The salad provides a mouthwatering combination of tastes and textures that appeals to a diverse group. This makes 12 one cup servings. The nutrition information is based on using sugar rather than a sugar substitute.
Serves: 1 cup
1 package (3 oz) ramen noodles
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar (sugar substitute may be used in place of sugar with excellent results)
1/4 cup canola or olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp soy sauce
8 cups Romaine, torn
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1. Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces.
2. In large skillet cook dry noodles in butter over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes of until golden. Add the walnuts during the final 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Whisk sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce together as this will be the salad dressing.
4. Combine Romaine, strawberries and onions in large serving bowl.
5. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and add the ramen noodle and nut mix. Toss gently.