The Sister Mary Ludgera Pieperbeck Learning Resource Center, located on the second floor of Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, provides students, faculty and staff with access to a wide variety of research materials.
These include physical resources held within the CON Library walls and the OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center Library, system-wide online resources provided by OSF, materials held by other OSF libraries, materials held in the 75+ Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries of Illinois (CARLI) I-Share Libraries, as well as materials gotten through InterLibrary Loan.
The Library also provides instruction for information literacy and information management as a means of facilitating learning. The College of Nursing library is happy to answer all nursing-related and nursing research topics.
To the extent possible, the Library provides resources and services to those not affiliated with Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing. Reference questions may be sent to CONLibrary@osfhealthcare.org.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF - 61.8 KB)
- Online Catalog and I-Share Instructions (PDF - 419.1 KB)
- Video: Introduction to Scholarly Communications & Academic Publishing
- Video: Introduction to Scholarly Metrics
- Video: Introduction to Academic Publishing: How to get an article published
- Video: Open Access Publishing
- Video: Predatory Journal Publishing
Monday: 7:30am to 8pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 7:30am to 8pm
Friday: 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed
Location & Contact Information
Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing Library
Second Floor, Room 235
511 N.E. Greenleaf Street
Peoria, Illinois 61603
Phone: (309) 655-2180
FAX: (309) 655-3648
- Books may be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed at the end of the borrowed period, unless there is a demand for the item. Renewal can take place over the phone, via email, or in person.
- Audio-visual material may be checked out for three days and can be renewed at the end of the borrowed period, unless there is a demand for the item. Renewal can take place over the phone, via email, or in person.
- Reference and reserve materials may be checked out for two hours.
- Professional journals (bound and unbound) do not circulate.
- Overdue fines for the general collection are five cents per day.
- Non-student and non-OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center personnel are welcome to browse the collection but must request materials to check out through their respective school, public or special library's Interlibrary Loan Services.
The Writing Center hours are Monday through Wednesday 2-4 p.m. and Thursday 9 a.m. to noon. You can also email Kaylee.V.Wagner@osfhealthcare.org to schedule an appointment. Writing Center sessions can be conducted online if needed.
Tools & Database Access
To log in to OSF databases or Academic Writer, students need to sign up for an OpenAthens account and fill out the registration form using their student email address.