Quinoa Patties with Yogurt Dill Sauce
These patties are versatile in that you can have them as an entrée, make them into a tasty appetizer, or serve cold on top of a salad.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 patty with sauce)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/3 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs (use gluten free for GF version)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 – 5.3 ounce container non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Combine quinoa, egg whites, breadcrumbs, onion, Parmesan, garlic, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Form quinoa into patties and place in skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix all yogurt dill sauce ingredients. Serve over quinoa patties.