Post graduate certificates are for nurses who have already earned a Master’s degree and want to switch their focus. Prospective students may transfer in up to 12 credits, which can help students earn the certificate more quickly.
The College has four Post Graduate Certificates including, Adult-Gero Acute Care NP, FNP, Psych Mental Health NP, and Nurse Educator.
- Integrate theory, research and practice using critical thinking to promote safe and high quality patient care for individuals and populations in a variety of settings.
- Practice autonomously in a variety of professional roles to respond to the social, economic, ethical, political and legal issues impacting the needs of patients and the nursing profession.
- Express caring in professional interactions which supports the values and promotes the growth and self-actualization of individuals, groups and communities.
- Provide interprofessional collaborative leadership within the dynamic health care system in a culturally diverse society.
- Synthesize the principles of education and practice to advocate for interventions that promote, maintain, and restore health for individuals and populations.
- Analyze factors for delivering high quality patient care through utilization of informatics and technology.
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Educator
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master’s in Nursing from an ACEN, CNEA or CCNE accredited program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0
- Proof of current, unencumbered licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- A 500-750 word typed essay detailing professional and educational goals.
- Evidence of one (1) year professional nursing experience preferred.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons who are able to speak of the applicant’s ability to undertake graduate study; one (1) letter from a nursing faculty from the Master’s education is preferred.
- The College may request to interview applicant.