OSF East Central Illinois EMS offers CE classes to the agencies that have joined our EMS system. We offer the classes both in person when available and online through our Google Groups. All ECIEMS courses are eligible for EMS CE credit through the Illinois Department of Public Health.
This year's CE topics include:
- Geriatric Emergencies
- Pediatric Assessment Technique
- Pain Management
- Central Nervous System Injuries and Spinal Motion Restriction
- Congestive Heart Failure CHF
- Infections Disease and Infection Control
- Seizure and Syncope
- High Performance CPR
- EMS Documentation
Specialty Classes by ECIEMS
ECIEMS offers a few classes that have been develeoped specifically for the needs of our system. These courses arrise from QA messures, changes in EMS practice, evidence-based changes or by request of the EMS system members.
- 12 Lead Series
- Level 1 - Intended for ALL providers. Provides an overview of 12 Lead practice, preparation, aquisition, transmission and basic interpretation
- Level 2 - Intended for Advanced Level providers. We take a deeper dive into the EMS approach for 12 Lead interpreations and explore how 12 lead changes effect and tell a story about the patients medical condition.
- Level 3 - Intended for Advanced Level providers who have completed Level 2. This course uses your knowlege of cardiac changes in 12 lead for advanced diagnostics and explores additional diagnostic tools like Sgarbossa criteria.
- End-Tidal CO2 our Lead EMS Educator Les Mennenga leads providers of all levels through the importance and significance of ETCO2 use for EMS Provides. An invaluable diagnostic tool, Les will explore the possibilies created with ETCO2 use like eary ROSC detection and diagnosing prefusion inefficencies.
Click Here to access the ECIEMS Google Group. Remember you will need to log in with your Google Account (Gmail not required)